The process of implementation of heat pumps as an alternative source of heating corresponds to the policy of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev
“… Unlike many countries in the world, we almost never engaged in the development of alternative energy sources,” – N. Nazarbayev said. He expressed this opinion during the 18th meeting of the Foreign Investors Council. The President of Kazakhstan also believes that the government should pay more attention to the development of alternative energy sources. “Therefore, the government together with investors need to be more actively work on the development of alternative energy sources, using renewable resources”, – he added.
The “Concept of Transition of Kazakhstan to Sustainable Development for 2007-2024″ approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 14, 2006 №216, and in light of the objectives of the “Strategy of industrial-innovative development of Kazakhstan for 2003-2015 for the conservation of natural resources and the environment, “states that the sustainable economic development of Kazakhstan will be carried out by supporting environmentally efficient energy production, including the use of renewable and recycled materials. In addition, the Law “On Electric Power Industry” and “Energy saving” refers to the need for the development and use of renewable energy sources.
In this regard, the Ministry of Environmental Protection, with the participation of the MEMR and the UNDP Wind Energy Concept of Law and the draft Law “On supporting the use of renewable energy sources”, which was signed by the Head of State July 4, 2009. Under the Act, government support for renewable energy is carried out in the following areas:
1) creation of favorable conditions for the construction and operation of renewable energy;
2) the stimulation of production of electricity and (or) thermal energy from renewable energy sources;
3) the provision of individuals and legal entities engaged in the design, construction and operation of renewable energy investment preferences in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on investments;
4) creation of favorable conditions for the effective integration of facilities for the use of renewable energy in the power, thermal system and market electric and thermal energy;
5) To promote the implementation of international obligations of the Republic of Kazakhstan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.